Date(s) - 10/12/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Growing Place - Aurora
Categories No Categories
Every year our Garlic Fest grows and this year we’re adding some of our favorite local artists, farmers, cooking demos, and more to the garlic mix. Sample different varieties, learn how to plant and harvest so you can grow your own! Free Entry. Activities priced individually.
- 9am-5pm: Shop 20+ local artists and farms. Sample different varieties of roasted garlic harvested from our Veggie Patch.
- 10am: Growing Great Garlic Talk – Learn about planting, harvesting and different traits of the varieties available so you can pick your favorite.
- 11am: From Garlic with Love – A Cooking Demo with Ask Aunt V – From oils, sauces, and dips to main dishes, cooking with garlic is a must. Veronica Porter of Ask Aunt V will demonstrate a variety of garlic recipes. Veronica teaches cooking classes that are a hands-on experience where you learn the fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking, not just a few recipes. And the best part – you’ll get to taste the results!
- 12pm: Growing Great Garlic Talk (Repeat of 10am class)
- 1pm: From Garlic with Love – A Cooking Demo with Ask Aunt V. (Repeat of 11am class)
- 12-4pm: Live music from Echo and Ransom